Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hello, Springtime, Is that You?

Last month's snow was absolutely gorgeous... I always love a good snow day because it justifies (sortof) the cold and wet weather if you get to have a day of fun to make up for it.

BUT SERIOUSLY!!! I am so ready to be done with Winter! I know lots of you are ready, too. So imagine my delight when I started to see a little green in my flower beds :) Whew, thank goodness! Spring will be here soon!

The first evidence we had was on the fig tree - as you can see it has gone crazy!!
Remember it used to look like
THIS!




We might still have to wait for the figs to be delicious and plentiful - so in the meantime, enjoy these sights from my front yard:



Ah, dafodils - all of mine are restricted to this patch in the rear / center of the flowerbed... not sure who planted them like that so I'll probably redistribute them when they quit being so beautiful :)







This little sprig is new growth on my hydrangea! Yippee! I can't wait to see how it does this year! It had better bloom!!






These are some hyacinth bulbs I clustered in a pot - actually 2 pots - on my front porch :) They'll be so pretty when they bloom :)






The pansies have really taken off now that we have had some sun mixed in with the wind and rain :) Here's an impressive bunch:




And just look what I found over in front of the Iris bed - a hyacinth about to blossom :) in the background you can see the irises beginning to make little green shoots:


And we have something new to look forward to this summer - Last year Brad gave me the pink and white rose bushes for Valentine's Day and this year he sweetly gave me a Red Rose bush. I put it in the ground last weekend and look at how much it has grown since then:


Yes, I am officially looking forward to spring and summer time. I've got lots of bulbs in the ground and I can't wait to see how they do. I have alreday chosen the perfect spot to sit and watch the garden grow...



I'll save ya a seat if you care to join me :)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Yay for a new post! I'm very jealous of your flowers! I'm ready for more of mine to come up, but they're being really slow about it. You have to keep me posted with flower pictures so I can live through yours. :)

StephAnie said...

I am so ready for spting it's not even funny! I'll be sure to keep posting flower pics if you keep the Macy and Steven pics coming :) Deal?

L said...

Love the purple lawn chairs!