Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy Fall, Ya'll !!



Well, judging by the cooler temperatures, I'd say it's officially Fall! We've been keeping busy which is weird because I had expected our weekends to clear up after Summer ended. Turns out, we're still just as hectic as before :)





One thing we're really enjoying is working in AWANA. I've been working with 3rd and 4th grade girls as they learn their bible verses and Brad works with 5th grade boys. We both think our group is the best and I think we're both right :)





Here is the whole group gathered together to listen to Mr. Josh and Mrs. Mandi:








You know, I don't think this picture quite does it justice! The kids multiply when it's game time! Haha





Maybe this short video will better convey the boisterous fun we have :) After we go over verses in small groups, the boys all meet together and the girls all meet together for a devotional. Our girls sing several fun songs before we start - In this video you can see some of my 3rd and 4th graders in the foreground... Hint, they're the little ones :)











I'm sure by now you've all heard that Wes got an award in AWANA - He was the Clubber of the Month. That means he had perfect attendance, behaved well, and recited more than the average amount of verses! He has really put alot of effort into his memorization and we are all SO PROUD! We can't say enough good things about this! So, instead, I'll let his big grin do the talking:








That picture was taken right after he found out he had won the award :) Earlier that week he had also brought home several A+ papers in his school work so he was basking in the glow for several weeks. He summed it up by saying, "Lots of A's... Clubber of the Month... I've been being so good. What are you going to do with me?" :) Indeed!





We've been so blessed with how well he's turning out and I couldn't ask for more :)


Oh, and I told you about his AR goal, right? He exceeded it this past semester and he's already doing well on this semester's goal :)





Ok, I doubt ya'll can handle much more Blatant Mom Bragging!





So, I'll move right along to today's update :) I have had a lovely day even though it's chilly outside. With the drop in temperatures, it's time to start bundling up and staying cozy ... Here is Wes enjoying Granny's latest creation:




I may not be pleased with how the forecast has been going... But, as the weather has cooled and the rain increased, our roses have just gone into overload! We've had at least a dozen blooms from the white bush and a slightly smaller crop of pink roses. And each one is more beautiful than the last... Case in point, what could be more beautiful or peaceful than this:

But, back to today... After lunch, Wes and I went to a local nursery and stocked up on flowers! I had been wanting some purple mums lately and maybe a few other flowers. This particular nursery did NOT disappoint! I found lots of wonderful things for our garden:


Sorry this first one is such a blurry photo (even though the soil is in perfect focus...)

These snapdragons are going to be absolutely gorgeous and Wes approves of the fun color. I know Brad always liked them when he was younger so I think everyone will enjoy them:



For a clearer picture of how they'll turn out click here

I also wanted to add some pansies. Last time we planted pansies was at Shenandoah and they were hard to see. I think a lighter color will show up better so I got a flat of these:


Now, about those mums I wanted. Wal-mart had several around 1 foot tall and a few that were a foot and a half...



But nothing could beat the ones I found today!!! As soon as I spotted them I snatched them up!!
I think they make a lovely addition to our front porch, don't you?



Happy Fall, Ya'll !!

No comments: