Monday, October 25, 2010

Just Plane Fun

This weekend was gorgeous with plenty of sunshine and lovely breezes. Just perfect for a flight on Smith Airways!!

Saturday, we were picked up in Philadelphia and we winged our way to Evergreen, AL for a fly-in! ( http://www.serfi.org/ )
As if that wasn't fun enough - It was also my first time to fly with Cheryl! Clearly, she was as excited as I was!

But we weren't there just to admire the scenery and bask in the sunshine....


We were on a mission!

Now that Smith Airways is up and running, it's high time for Brad to learn to fly.

We needed to track down an economical plane that was roomy enough for him AND his legs to fit in :)

There were plenty of options to check out...





Of course, Cheryl spotted a Stearman and we all know that's the plane SHE would choose...




And even *I* found one that I liked....

All in all, it was a beautiful day and I'd say a good time was had by all.

After it was all said and done, Herb informed me that as fly-ins go, this one was small potatoes... So I guess there will be more trips to come. All I know is, with this family, the sky's the limit :)

No comments: