Thursday, May 21, 2009

Daylillies and Baby Birds

Ah, Spring has sprung :) I've been thoroughly enjoying the various daylilies as they bloom. The double-yellow ones out front were, by far, the most beautiful and prolific.... BUT NOW, well, there are some new flowers opening up and they each try to out-do the previous ones! First, I loved the doubles and was sooo impressed when they bloomed three at a time:






Then, the maroon ones opened up and they were pretty.... but not as beautiful as the yellows... Then, the bright red ones appeared... and they were lovely:


Yesterday morning, gorgeous FUCHSIA lilies opened up and I was so pleased with them - They even glitter a little in the sun:


And, just when I thought it couldn't get any better.... This one popped up and blew me away!



That brings us to a total of 7 or 8 varieties of daylilies blooming RIGHT NOW! I couldn't be more blessed!


Oh, and let's not forget the bloom I've been looking forward to since February:



All the flowers are just gorgeous and I am so thankful for all of God's wonderful surprises.... But perhaps the surest sign of spring has been growing on my front porch all along - I hear lots of happy chirping every morning and think how wonderful life is right now!

No comments: