Friday, May 8, 2009

New Garden Photos :)

First off, let me brag about Wesley :) He met his AR Goal!! Not only that, but he also was the first in his class to meet his goal this semester! I'm not sure how it worked out this way, but I am really proud of him! :DOk, so now for some garden photos -

First, we have our zucchini. It wasn't in the earlier garden photos so I felt it had been neglected :) As you can see, it's healthy and doing well:


Next, the prize for most-improved goes to our cucumbers :) Here they are:




Brad's fig tree is Runner Up in the Most Improved Category:





Wesley's Corn is sprouting along nicely - As long as the deer, rabbits and birds stay away I'll be happy! :)







Also, I am happy to report that we have had one daylily in the backyard:

 

And, another in the front yard - and I've never seen a DOUBLE bloom like this so I'm anxious to see if they're all like that or if this was a fluke:






And, lastly, I am so pleased with our very first rose ever - even though it has taken forever to open and still isn't completely open:

 
Here is a comparison to show how well the cucumbers have grown:

No comments: